All Progressives Congress (APC)
Akwa Ibom State Chapter
#4 Atiku Abubakar Avenue, Uyo- Akwa Ibom State
Re: Our Official Position on the Purported Inauguration of Executive:
THE NEED TO PUT THE RECORDS STRAIGHT WITH A VIEW TO ENDING DECEITS AND IMPUNITY
We have read with amusement the infantile release in the media purporting same to have originated from the All Progressives Congress (APC), Akwa Ibom State Chapter.
The said release, which is signed by an impostor by name Nkereuwem Enyongekere FCAI, JP, in its failed attempt to deceive the authentic members of our great Party, the APC, purportedly named one Hon. Ini Okopido as the State Chairman of our Party.
In an effort to justify the false claim, the illogical release stated that Hon. Ini Okopido “…was elected by consensus by Party delegates at the State Congress on Saturday, May 19, of 2018…” What a blatant lie!
However, may we quickly educate this ignorant fake group that in APC, Party Delegates don’t ‘elect by consensus’, but they affirm an earlier agreed position.
Consequently, the State Executive Committee of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Akwa Ibom State, under the authentic and able leadership of Dr. Udoma Bob Ekarika, wishes to clearly state and declare as follows:
- That we would have loved to ignore the said insulting and misleading release on the grounds that the matter is already before a Court of Competent Jurisdiction. But considering the damage such misinformation stands to cause the followership of our great Party in the State if not debunked, we wish to State emphatically that the APC in Akwa Ibom State did not and has never authorized any Press Release by any individual or group of individuals under any guise.
- That much as we are aware of some persons who, in a show of shame, composed themselves into a group and named same “State Executive Committee” of the APC; coming out to claim that they were elected by delegates of our great Party and usurping unassigned powers amounts to going to the extreme.
- That for the avoidance of doubts, we wish to inform the said Nkereuwem Enyonyekere that even in the Purported ‘consensus’ Exco list which they conjectured and sent to some quarters, his name was not included even as an Ex-Officio, let alone, State Publicity Secretary of APC in Akwa Ibom. So he is nothing but a common meddler and impostor.
- That the said Nkereuwem Enyongekere and his cohorts who parade as members of ‘State Executive Committee’ of APC, Akwa Ibom State, should better be informed that they are under serious investigation for their attempts to ridicule a respectable and law-abiding political Party as APC by subverting the constitutional guidelines relating to the conducts of Ward, Chapter and State Congresses.
This is in view of the shocking revelation that as at 19th of May, 2018, when the State Congress was conducted, they did not pay for, fill and/or return the party nomination forms as required, to have qualified them to contest for any elective position in the Party.
- That their claim that ‘Hon’ Ini Okopido was elected by Party delegates is not only a hoax, but a proof of either their ignorance of the Constitutional workings of the APC in relation to Party congresses, or a display of impurity which accompanied them from their recently former parties; that is if they can show authentic membership of the APC one month before 19th May, 2018. We have on good authority that even as we speak, most of them are not even registered members of the party.
- That for purposes of clarity, we wish to inform them and the general public that APC State Congress is not ‘an event’, but a culmination of processes of events.
- That the Dr. Udoma Bob Ekarika – led State Executive Committee of the APC in Akwa Ibom State is a legitimatized product of congressional processes to wit:
(i) Ward Congresses held on May 5, 2018, across the 329 (Three Hundred and Twenty-Nine) Wards in the State;
(ii) Chapter Congresses held on May 12, 2018, in the 31 (Thirty One) Local Government Areas of the State and
(iii) State Congress held on May 19, 2018, wherein the elected Ward Chairmen, Chapter Chairmen and Secretaries as well as State Delegates participated.
- That the Ward and Chapter Congresses of the Party which produced delegates for the State Congress were duly supervised and monitored by relevant electoral bodies including the Police, Directorate of State Security (DSS), etc, results of which were duly transmitted to them with acknowledgements of receipts of which are in our possession.
- That we are aware that as at today, they are still compiling the list of the fake ‘State Executive Committee’ of their perceived members; and that we hereby challenge ‘Hon’ Ini Okopido to publish the names of their Ward and Chapter Executives as well as the delegates which they purportedly used in electing their claimed executives as we did ours.
- That while we take exception to their insulting insinuation, that the Dr. Udoma Bob Ekarika-led Exco of our Party in the State is sponsored by the opposition; we are not totally surprised by such belief. It is because of their shock that in spite of their promissory and monetary inducements, the 31 Chapter Chairmen and their executives and 329 Ward Chairmen and their executives still remain resolute and firm in their avowed resolve to stick to the truth and Party Constitution.
So shall we all remain until we elect our Party’s Candidates who will fly the flags of our great Party, the APC, and win the 2019 general elections.
- That we hereby warn this group of individuals to desist forthwith from using the name of the APC in the State in their publication whatsoever.
Dr. Udoma Bob Ekarika
Effiong Etok Ph.D