A Communiqué issued by C31, a Socio-political Organization for the 31 Local Government Chairmanship Candidates, their Vice Chairmanship Candidates and Councilors on the Platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, During the December 2, 2017 Council Election in Akwa Ibom State.
At an enlarged meeting of C31 on Saturday, January 27, 2018, which was attended by the 31 local government chairmanship candidates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and their Vice Chairmanship Candidates as well as the 329 councilorship candidates of the party in the December 2, 2017 local government election in Akwa Ibom State, the following were deliberated and agreed upon:
- That we in C31 wish to express our deepest appreciation to the various local government chapters of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Akwa Ibom State, for the confidence they had in us by giving us the platform to contest the last council elections conducted by the Akwa Ibom State Independent Electoral Commission, AKISIEC, on December 2, 2017.
- That we also wish to thank the Dr. Amadu Attai State leadership of the party and the various Stakeholders and elders in our respective local government areas for the support and encouragement they accorded us throughout the duration of the electoral processes.
- That we wish to thank our various federal government appointees from the state for their respective contributions toward the success of the APC-led federal government, especially, the Managing Director, Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, His Excellency, Obong Nsima Ekere, for putting the state in the political map of Nigeria, through his sterling performance in the Commission.
- That we wish to, in a very special way, appreciate our amiable President and Commander-In-Chief, Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, for his magnanimity in appointing our sons and daughters into various positions at the federal level. May we also use this opportunity to thank Mr. President for the various strides he has attained in all sectors of the nation’s affairs, especially in the area of security, war against corruption, physical infrastructure, youths employment and empowerment, food security, etc.
- That President Buhari deserves a special commendation for his recent intervention in the age-long debacle involving the Aluminum Smelting Company, ALSCON, in Ikot Abasi, a resolution which has rekindled the youths’ hope of employment in the company, as well as the attendant development associated with the re-commencement of work at the company.
- That we wish to also use this opportunity to tell Akwa Ibom people that the said December 2 election, which winners were already known by the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, government in the state, months before its conduct, was nothing but a broad daylight robbery perpetrated by the PDP-led state government in active connivance with the state electoral body, AKISIEC.
- That we in the C31 have resolved to work together with the Akwa Ibom State Chapter of APC to secure victory at all levels for the party, come 2019.
Hon. Emmanuel Bassey
Hon. Ubokobong Ime Udoworen
Coordinator, Vice Chairmen
Hon. Samuel Daniel Moses
For and on behalf of C31, Akwa Ibom State.